Canterbury Provincial Chambers
The foundation stone for the first building was laid in January 1858 and the buildings are the only purpose-built provincial government buildings in New Zealand still in existence these days. The buildings are recognised regionally, nationally and internationally for their great architectural and historical significance.
After the building was substantially damaged in the 2011 earthquakes, repairs were needed to the building. Enlightened Fire Solutions was engaged to ensure that after the proposed alterations, the building would comply with the building code for means of escape and that upgrades to the fire safety systems were compliant.